10/6/10

But he loves us...

I had some beautiful time this morning just being reminded of how much my God loves me. I watched a link on the inspiration behind How He Loves by John Mark McMillan and I instantly felt God's love pour over me. In his video John talks about how the love he's singing about isn't a pretty clean love but it's a love thats willing to love things that are messy and difficult. It's a love thats not afraid of the gross disgusting things like myself. My last blog talked about my tar-filled heart and so this song just really speaks to me. Our God is willing to love someone as dirty and filthy, as messed up and broken as me. That is a love worth singing about.
I challenge you to remind yourself how much our God loves you today. Watch the sunset, write down all your blessings, do whatever you have to but allow the Lord to swoon you today.

If you want to know the story behind this song here is the link I watched.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-NXWE6AC8ao&feature=related


No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Everyday I fail at being perfect. This blog is a little about those failures and follows the things I am learning about me, life, and the beauty of loving the Lord. My God is in mad pursuit of my heart. He is standing at the end of the aisle waiting for His bride to run to Him... and that is what I plan on doing.

Followers