1/18/11

But today is the day...

I think one of my biggest struggles is looking towards the future. Note: when I say "looking towards" part of me means "worrying about". My life is going to drastically change in 4.5 months. I am going to be a wife, have a husband, live with a boy, sleep with a boy (whoop), begin my own family... the list can go on. I am getting married in a few months! How can I NOT look forward to that?! Im sure you are saying to yourself "well thats understandable", at least thats what I told myself at first. 

Once I took a look at what the bible says I realized I am sadly failing at life. Matthew 6:34 "Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own" and along those lines V33 "But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well". It is not easy for me to wake up saying instead of just watching time tick away and surviving this semester, I need to actually LIVE in the here and now! To be honest, my heart is ready for the future. I am ready to have a husband I can wake up to and begin our family. Unfortunately, my readiness for the future needs to take back seat to my duties of today. So that is what I am going to be working on! (words of wisdom are freely accepted)

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Everyday I fail at being perfect. This blog is a little about those failures and follows the things I am learning about me, life, and the beauty of loving the Lord. My God is in mad pursuit of my heart. He is standing at the end of the aisle waiting for His bride to run to Him... and that is what I plan on doing.

Followers