12/17/10

But it's Christmas time...

I had THAT feeling yesterday. THE Christmas feeling. Christmas brings up so many thoughts, memories and feelings that it takes me a while to get into the spirit of it all. But it is here. I can smell it in the hair. I can feel it with the warmth of a mug. It is time. It has been a few years since my Memaw passed away. One thing you should know about her is that besides Elvis her favorite thing in the world was Christmas. She would bake 15 different types of Christmas cookies (no exaggeration), wrap her presents with cute ornaments on each bow, and insist that we sing carols all together every single year. Truthfully, when she was alive Christmas was never really MY holiday. I don't know if it's her influence or if I am just more aware of what were celebrating but it is becoming My holiday. This holiday is about love. This holiday is about giving. This holiday is about the price He paid for me. What better thing is there to celebrate?

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Everyday I fail at being perfect. This blog is a little about those failures and follows the things I am learning about me, life, and the beauty of loving the Lord. My God is in mad pursuit of my heart. He is standing at the end of the aisle waiting for His bride to run to Him... and that is what I plan on doing.

Followers