12/12/10

But I run the race for the least of these...

This post is for the distracted:

Coming into college I knew what I wanted to learn and it had nothing to do with school. I prayed that through the four (or 5) years in college the Lord would teach me how to have faith and patience. I asked for those things in particular because thats what I think embodies a woman after God's heart and because the key to patience is faith and the key to faith is patience. Judging by all of the times He has forced me to rely on Him, I think His answer was obvious.

It (meaning college) has been a long road and I can't help but to think I wasted so much of that time. I guess I kind of look at it like I am in this marathon, the end being the woman of God I desire to be, and God is on the side lines rooting me on the entire way. So much of my time in college was me skipping through this race. I focused a lot on the ups and downs, the cute boys running beside me, and the attention from the crowd. I can't imagine how God even felt while I was performing for the audience. I imagine it was something like Him holding His head in His hands whispering, "Come on Jodi. It isn't about them. It's about me. It's about me. It's about me."

This past semester has been a little different. I've noticed God's face in the crowd. But I feel like I am just standing there looking at Him, then at the finish line, then Him, then the finish line, then Him. It is improvement, yes, but I still have a ways to go, like probably 26 miles. I mean this is what my blog is about... running down the aisle to the LOVE of my life, my creator, my best friend. It is so easy to lose sight of that. So I am saying this with all honesty and with hopes of accountability... it starts now. I am done performing for the never satisfied crowd, I am ready to run.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Everyday I fail at being perfect. This blog is a little about those failures and follows the things I am learning about me, life, and the beauty of loving the Lord. My God is in mad pursuit of my heart. He is standing at the end of the aisle waiting for His bride to run to Him... and that is what I plan on doing.

Followers