3/3/11

But it's romantic courage...

I have been inspire by the vulnerability of the people around me. And I have more than anyone needed to be reminded that it is ok to be broken. It is in God that we are made complete! This is something that kind of just came to me... I don't really want to share it but like I said I am encouraged by the Truth that comes when we are most raw.  So here is a little poem thingy I wrote called "Romantic Courage":

I don't want my life to be a contradiction,
But may the results of my love be a depiction.
Let it depict, let it convict, and Lord let it afflict the lost.
Though my faith is small, help me stand tall,
To conquer this world for your glory.
Can you give me the courage to be me?

Who am I but a broken child?
Who am I but a freedom fighter running wild?
Where do you want me? Where do you need me? Oh Lord, won't you show me?
You mold me and you change me.
Lord, I don't know who you want me to be.
Won't you give me the courage to be me?

This time of confusion will be followed by a time of peace.
This struggle can only produce a faith increase.
Help me shine. Help me grow, but most of all let it show.
Will you call me in and whisper so sweet?
Fill me with the reassurance of your story,
And give me the courage to be me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Everyday I fail at being perfect. This blog is a little about those failures and follows the things I am learning about me, life, and the beauty of loving the Lord. My God is in mad pursuit of my heart. He is standing at the end of the aisle waiting for His bride to run to Him... and that is what I plan on doing.

Followers