11/15/11

But my mission...

Something I have been thinking about a little lately is the question, "What am I bringing to others that shows them Jesus?"

Lecrae tweeted the other day, "When you compromise your Christian distinction, you compromise your mission." This hit home for me. It is easy for me to think this life is about being happy, living to the fullest, having fun, enjoying every moment. Those things are nice and great but that is not my mission here. We aren't called to "Go, be unique, and enjoy your life" (read in Jesus voice). We are called to "Go and make disciples". When I interact with people in my classes, or at work, or in a grocery store, if I am not giving them a glimmer of Jesus what am I doing here?!

But what stems from that is knowing that what allows us to give people a little piece of Jesus is all dependent on if we have a relationship with Him. Note: I did not say if we are saved, I said if we have a relationship with God. I heard a friend speak the other day and she said, "Discipline does not create a relationship, but the relationship will create discipline." I love that. It is not about me checking off a list of things that draws me to God but it is cultivating a relationship with Christ to a point where the things that I should be doing are natural.


Lord, may I be so wrapped up in our relationship that everything that comes out of me glorifies you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Everyday I fail at being perfect. This blog is a little about those failures and follows the things I am learning about me, life, and the beauty of loving the Lord. My God is in mad pursuit of my heart. He is standing at the end of the aisle waiting for His bride to run to Him... and that is what I plan on doing.

Followers