8/12/10

But I will rejoice...

I am learning a lot right now. Some of the knowledge I am acquiring is deep and meaningful, some not so much. I would love to take time to go deeper into everything but there isn't enough time. There is never enough time though, right? Anyway here is just a little insight to the things I am learning. Maybe, just maybe, you can learn something.

-God's timing is perfect. That means his timing is better than mine (and yours). I think that is evident in the relationship I am in. You see, I have wanted to get married for a long time now. I am talking about 9 years of imagining my wedding type of thing. My time in high school and college was spent searching for "Mr.Right". Finally, sophomore year of college God and I had a heart to heart and I just gave it to the Lord. A month later I was going on a date with my future husband. My point is God's timing is perfect.

-Wedding's are expensive, stressful and exciting.

-The best thing about being engaged is being able to pray with Daniel. I strongly believe prayer is something intimate and Daniel and I wanted to wait until we were engaged/ married to pray together. I mean we would pray before a meal when we were dating but it is nothing like sitting there praying over our relationship together. It is easily the best part of our relationship.

-Everything isn't about me. I have an issue where I am often times self-centered. I think my prayer for myself over this year is that I become more God centered. If I cared less about myself, maybe the Lord could use me more. I mean my desire is to be a vessel for the Lord and I think a lot of the time I stand in the way of that.

-I have some of the best friends ever! To see how excited they got for me, when we got engaged, was a blessing. It was reassuring of how much they cared for me and our friendships. What a blessing it is to have them (y'all) in my life.

-It is time I begin to sing my song in this desert place. Last Sunday our preacher spoke over Exodus 15. It's a song Moses and the Israelites sang in the desert place. Dr. Higgs talked about the importance of singing in the desert and rejoicing in our sorrows. I think it really hit home to me because when I am "in the desert place" I like to roll around in my self pity. So many times I forget to rejoice. I kind of feel bad that God has to listen to me whine and complain. He deserves so much praise, even when I am low, even when I am without water.

The Desert Song by Hillsong
This is my prayer in the desert
And all that's within me feels dry
This is my prayer in the hunger in me
My God is a God who provides

And this is my prayer in the fire
In weakness or trial or pain
There is a faith proved
Of more worth than gold
So refine me Lord through the flames

And I will bring praise
I will bring praise
No weapon forged against me shall remain
I will rejoice
I will declare
God is my victory and He is here

And this is my prayer in the battle
And triumph is still on it's way
I am a conqueror and co-heir with Christ
So firm on His promise I'll stand

All of my life
In every season
You are still God
I have a reason to sing
I have a reason to worship

This is my prayer in the harvest
When favor and providence flow
I know I'm filled to be empited again
The seed I've recieved I will sow

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Everyday I fail at being perfect. This blog is a little about those failures and follows the things I am learning about me, life, and the beauty of loving the Lord. My God is in mad pursuit of my heart. He is standing at the end of the aisle waiting for His bride to run to Him... and that is what I plan on doing.

Followers