5/12/10

And its true...

I honestly claim (and really believe) that I hear God louder and more clear in Africa than in America. Something about that beautiful country allows God to speak directly and obviously to me. Well here is me saying God is trying to teach me some very important things and its pretty obvious. My dear friend Heather (who you should know by now) gave me this book to read. Its called "A Perfect Mess" by Lisa Harper. Well of course the first chapter includes the two things God's been repeating in my life right now. One is to trust that whatever happens to me is working for the good of Christ. The book goes through some of the Psalms and it starts with Psalm 1. Which talks about following Christ will ultimately lead to his glory and following the wicked will lead to our destruction. Its tough for me to focus on this because of that problem I told you about before... my pride. I so desperately want things to happen when I want it that I don't trust God's timing. Shame on me. Second thing God's trying to beat into me is his unconditional, unique, irreplaceable love. I want the people in my life to fulfill that desire for me. I want Daniel and my girls to satisfy the desire for someone to truly love me. But that is asking way too much of my friends and putting my perfect bridegroom (Jesus) in a small box. I know this is true. I know these are things I need to learn. From you, my friends, I ask for grace and for accountability and the sweet reminder that my God loves me and desires the best for me and of me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Everyday I fail at being perfect. This blog is a little about those failures and follows the things I am learning about me, life, and the beauty of loving the Lord. My God is in mad pursuit of my heart. He is standing at the end of the aisle waiting for His bride to run to Him... and that is what I plan on doing.

Followers