5/19/10

But I am comfy...


I am sure you know that feeling, when you wake up and don't want to get out of bed because you are too comfortable. Well I woke up yesterday to realize it was, not only my 21st birthday, but the landmark for my adult years. Its true, despite my attempt to still be a child, and despite my kicking, screaming, and crying, my adult years have come. Part of me says, yes with growing up comes a husband and children, which are things I very much desire. The other part of me says noooooooooooooooooo responsibility. Its like getting out of bed in the morning. Would you rather get out of bed and be productive or stay where it is nice and warm under your covers. On one hand, there is productivity and the satisfaction of getting things done, on the other hand there is safety and comfort. Yes, the Lord tells us to be content in Him. What I so often find myself struggling with is ignoring the difference between being content and being complacent. News: were not called to complacency. This means our(my) attempt to kick, and scream, and hold on to anything in my life that keeps me in this state of comfort, is a problem. The Lord tells us many times to leave our lives behind, pick up our crosses, and follow Him. My question for you is, If you are truly carrying your cross will you be able to still hold on to the things of this world?

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Everyday I fail at being perfect. This blog is a little about those failures and follows the things I am learning about me, life, and the beauty of loving the Lord. My God is in mad pursuit of my heart. He is standing at the end of the aisle waiting for His bride to run to Him... and that is what I plan on doing.

Followers