6/10/10

but its a different language..

I had the bright idea to take two 6week long summer classes that last for the duration of June. Mini-mesters, such as these, are difficult because it is only 6 weeks but for some reason I ignored that fact and decided to take both biology and business math II. Now biology has not been so bad when I actually read but math is a different language to me. It makes me want to beat my head up against a wall. I haven't really had this problem before (referring to not understanding). Even when I go to Zambia (where they do speak a different language) I don't struggle that much. When thinking about it today it kind of rolled over to the different love languages. I took this love language test and it asks 30 questions and tells you how you scored in each. My scores: 7- words of affirmation, 7- physical touch, 6- quality time, 5- receiving gifts, 5- acts of service. Thinking through friendships and relationships I really do agree. In my friendships, nothing makes me feel more loved than hearing that I am appreciated as a friend. Looking at my relationship with Daniel I think I take his acts of service for granted but what really stands out to me his me walking in and him telling me I look gorgeous or him kissing my cheek when he sees me after a long day at work. I realize that everyone doesn't have the same love language but I think the important thing is that we love. Our world is desperately lacking it and I think no matter what language we use, the important thing is that our world finds love and finds it soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Everyday I fail at being perfect. This blog is a little about those failures and follows the things I am learning about me, life, and the beauty of loving the Lord. My God is in mad pursuit of my heart. He is standing at the end of the aisle waiting for His bride to run to Him... and that is what I plan on doing.

Followers