8/22/11

And let it go...

I had the pleasure of going to a youth rally this weekend where Daniel was playing music and my Uncle Mark was speaking. Insert husband and uncle photo here:
Anyway, Uncle Mark opened up with a prayer challenging us to let go of whatever we were holding on to and let God take control of our lives. I can't tell you how many times I have heard this but for some reason I HEARD it this time. I instantly started thinking about how I have been holding on to what I expected my life to look like right now. I am going to be honest I am slightly embarrassed and more than slightly frustrated with how long it will take me to graduate college. It is an insecurity of mine. The devil is telling me I am stupid and I am hearing him loud and clear. But yesterday I heard God a little louder as He whispered words of affirmation to me. Yes, it is going to take me a year and a half more to get my diploma, but who am I to say this plan the Lord has set for my life is not perfect in every way. I don't have an awesome internship. I didn't graduate on time. I don't have it all together but I DO have a God who has a perfect story set up for me. And in comes the scripture and Truth to back it up... Proverbs 3:5&6 'Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight'. Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Everyday I fail at being perfect. This blog is a little about those failures and follows the things I am learning about me, life, and the beauty of loving the Lord. My God is in mad pursuit of my heart. He is standing at the end of the aisle waiting for His bride to run to Him... and that is what I plan on doing.

Followers