2/15/10

Adult hide and seek...




Hide and seek as a child was possibly the best game ever (next to red rover but they don't let you play that game anymore because its "not safe"). The hide and seek game we play as adults isn't so much fun. I know what you're thinking, when do we play hide and seek? Well I am here to tell you daily. We hide who we really are. We try and hide our flaws, we try and hide our feelings because heaven forbid someone try and seek. We keep ourselves busy, we put on make up, or if you're anything like me you wear tutu's in order to hide how you really feel. My point is that this game of hide and seek we play is valiant and sometimes were successful. Sometimes, we do all this to find that no one is seeking but we take comfort in knowing were successful at at least one thing in life and that's hiding. At what point do we get tired of hiding and decide to be the seeker? When do we stop disguising our imperfections come down from our tree of comfort and begin to seek the hearts of the ones we love?

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Everyday I fail at being perfect. This blog is a little about those failures and follows the things I am learning about me, life, and the beauty of loving the Lord. My God is in mad pursuit of my heart. He is standing at the end of the aisle waiting for His bride to run to Him... and that is what I plan on doing.

Followers