11/20/10

But I fall to my knees...

‘May the Lord bless you and protect you. May the Lord smile on you and be gracious to you. May the Lord show you his favor and give you his peace.’ Numbers 6:24-26


Today, I'd like to take time to mention some of the blessings in my life. 


Thursday morning my mom woke up and couldn't feel or mov the side of her face. She went to the hospital and they ran a lot of test. They think its something called Bell's Palsy. It has to do with the nerves and muscles in the side of your face being paralyzed or something. Nevertheless, she has been in the hospital ever since. My first instinct was obviously a scared time of questioning the Lord. I have seen this happen to a person before and recovery didn't begin to happen until a year later. But our job isn't to question the Lord. Our job is to fall to our knees in reverence and praise Him for He is the ultimate physician. Honestly, I wouldn't say this happening was a blessing, but blessings came from it. For example, a friend of mine, Caitlyn Holland, has been the most supportive person I know. I called her that night to tell her and her first reaction was can I ask people to pray for her. She has called and text me many times since just asking how things are going and how I am doing with this. I couldn't have asked for someone to care more. She is a blessing. 


More blessings the Lord has given me is someone to talk to about engagement stuff. I messaged my sweet married friend Melanie asking her tons of questions about the engagement process and how to handle it. Thankfully, she was honest and spoke so much truth into me. I have been praying for someone who truly understands to come into my life and the Lord was so gracious to give me that. Also, I have been getting dinner with a friend every Sunday. Bridget is so biblically intelligent and has been pouring wisdom into me. It has been nice to have those deep biblical conversations each week. 


Don't get me wrong the Lord has blessed me with many more things and people. It's just that these people stepped up at the right time, when I have been most vulnerable to the devil's lies, and for the truth they have spoken into me, I am grateful. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Everyday I fail at being perfect. This blog is a little about those failures and follows the things I am learning about me, life, and the beauty of loving the Lord. My God is in mad pursuit of my heart. He is standing at the end of the aisle waiting for His bride to run to Him... and that is what I plan on doing.

Followers