11/9/10

But today I will rejoice...

I've been re-reading through Job and it's been refreshing. It's been humbling thinking about all Job lost and reading his cry to the Lord. I am surrounded by a lot of people that I love but that hasn't silenced the insecurities of loneliness I have. There are just days when it seems like me against the world. But looking at Job and seeing how he lost all he had, makes my insecurities seem like a joke. His first instinct is to rip his shirt (aka grieve) fall to his knees and with tears in his eyes rejoice for the Lord is His Savior. My prayer is that in my times of suffering or loneliness my first instinct is to fall to my knees and praise my God for being my glorious savior. For my purpose in this world is to glorify my Lord, not to be glorified by this world.

"For I know that my Redeemer lives, and at the last he will stand upon the earth." Job 19:25

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Everyday I fail at being perfect. This blog is a little about those failures and follows the things I am learning about me, life, and the beauty of loving the Lord. My God is in mad pursuit of my heart. He is standing at the end of the aisle waiting for His bride to run to Him... and that is what I plan on doing.

Followers