9/22/10

But were labeled...


I haven't had a lot to say over the past month but I finally found something worth saying, so here it goes.
I am sick and tired of people labeling me. I thought labeling people ended when you graduate high school but now I am starting to think it will never end. Here are some examples of the labels that have been forced upon me: the engaged girl, the girl who makes C's, the girl who is on exec, the girl who answers phones, the "goody goody", etc. All these things are pretty accurate but when you label someone, you are defining them to one thing. If I have to be labeled something, I want to label myself. I don't want to be the fiance or the receptionist. I want to be the girl who is in love with her God. I want to be the girl who never stops showing God's mercy and love. I want to give grace as freely as it has been given to me. I don't just want to be labeled a Christian. I want to be the splitting image of my Father. So if you are going to define me in one way, define me as the girl who is in love with her maker.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Everyday I fail at being perfect. This blog is a little about those failures and follows the things I am learning about me, life, and the beauty of loving the Lord. My God is in mad pursuit of my heart. He is standing at the end of the aisle waiting for His bride to run to Him... and that is what I plan on doing.

Followers